Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Pick for the Winner of Super Bowl XLV

After being distraught like many other Jets fans last week, I unfortunately have to pick someone else to win the Super Bowl this coming Sunday. Even though they beat the Jets, I have to pick the Steelers to beat the Packers. I believe that they not only have the leadership necessary to beat the Packers, but they also have the most talent, hands down. They have and incredible leader with a lot of talent in Roethlisberger, who I think is the best quarterback in the league. Since entering the league in 2004, he has led the Steelers to two Super Bowl Championships with a potential third coming this Sunday. They also have Troy Polamalu, a defensive powerhouse who was just voted the AP's Defensive Player of the Year and, according to other sports writers, is a potential candidate for MVP, even though I think it should go to Michael Vick. Also, last weeks star of the game versus the Jets was the Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall, who ran for 121 yards and scored a touchdown against the Jets defense.

Overall, I expect the game to be close, but I think that in the end, the Steelers powerhouse offense and defense will shut the Packers down.

1 comment:

  1. I'm rooting for the Steelers too. Baseball is my passion, but I have a few friends and family members who live and breathe football, and some of them are Pittsburgh fans. So since there's no New York team in the Super Bowl...

    ReplyDelete