Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Final Four

Well, this years NCAA Men's Tournament has been surprising, to say the least. I mean, who would have expected the VCU, an 11 seed would be in the final four, I don't think anyone did. Also, I am shocked that there are now no number one seeds in the final four, especially when two of those number one teams teams were Ohio State (who I picked to win the whole tournament) and Kansas. But now we have two interesting matchups: VCU vs. Butler and Kentucky vs. Connecticut. These are my picks for the Final Four winners and the National Champion team. First, in the VCU-Butler game, I have to take the underdog VCU. They have showed so much heart and dominance in this tournament and have taken down some of the best teams in the nation that I don't think Butler will be a problem for them. Next, in the Kentucky- Connecticut game, I'm going with Connecticut to win the game here. They are a team that finished 9th in the Big East division and somehow managed to win the Big East Tournament and now have made it to the Final Four led by their superstar Kemba Walker. I don't think it will be an easy matchup for UCONN but I think that they will be headed to the National Championship game. Then in the Championship game between UCONN and VCU, I have to pick UCONN as the National Champion. Sometimes, heart and dominance only get you so far, and I think this is where VCU will meet their match. I think that the leadership of Kemba Walker and the team chemistry that UCONN has will ultimately lead them to a National Championship

No comments:

Post a Comment