Sunday, February 27, 2011

Knicks Cool Off the Heat with a Huge win in Miami

Honestly, up until this year when a Amare came to New York, I never had a reason to watch the NBA. I always thought, and still think that there is no point in me watching teams not play defense until the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter so they can win. But what I saw from the Knicks tonight made me want to watch them more and more. I found myself cheering and screaming at the TV as if it were the Super Bowl or an MLB game. It was unreal. The Knicks put on a show tonight and showed the desire to win the whole game, which I think more teams need to do.

The Knicks big three of Anthony, Stoudemire, and Billups shut down Lebron and Co. tonight in a big way. The defense stepped up and held the Heat to 86 points while Anthony dropped 29 points for the Knicks. But the big player was not Anthony or Amare tonight, it was Chauncey Billups. Billups rallied the Knicks back in the fourth quarter coming up with big steals and difficult contact shots (which should have been called as fouls) to fire the Knicks up late in the game.

What I saw tonight was solid NY Knicks Basketball. They played hard and wanted to make a statement to show that they can contend. Of course, it is going to take time for the team to get "in sync" with one another, as they are, in essence, a new team. But I think if they can win with a small amount of team chemistry, give them a few weeks and they will become a huge threat in the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment